Monday, December 6, 2010

Quotes

I like to read quotes and I try to save the best quotes in another blog and I constantly look back at it to motivate me. Since I found a good link with great quotes I felt this would be a good topic for a blog post.

Yesterday the Philippine Men's Football team won against Vietnam who was the reigning champions for that tournament. The coach had said something quote worthy (or maybe it was a quote from somewhere


'You have to keep putting yourself in a position for good things to happen to you and you have to keep working hard' 


Simply put you just have to keep plugging away. I've been trying to close projects for the past 6 months and it seems that everything happens at the same time. I got 2 downpayment this week and there are 2 big opportunities which I pray will go to me early next year. Sometimes I just go to meeting not knowing where it would go or what it will lead to just hoping that something will come out of it. Fortunately, they are starting to pan out.


Here is a link to an article with great leadership quotes. I'll just copy the last quote here and I'll place a link to the article here.


“It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; Who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” - Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment