Thursday, December 2, 2010

5 Young Entrepreneurs to Watch

I posted this link on my previous blog post but at that time I was just able to watch the first video. I just watched the last video and I really suggest that budding entrepreneurs or people who plan to start a business watch the last talk.

Setting up a business is really a difficult journey and success more often than not will NOT come instantly. I am going the through process now and the frustration level at certain points really get to you. You will meet people who will excite you and show you opportunities but they will never follow through. You will have potential clients who are slow to reply and then you start to question if the project will ever push through (even though you started some work with them already). The the talk of one of the founders of Airbnb really shows the difficult process of building  business and I see a lot of similarities to my own journey. The difference though is that they are over the hump and I'm still figuring out how go over that hump.

The good thing though is that there are big opportunities right in front of me at the moment and if I just get one of 2 I'll be really happy. I'm co-pitching as the digital arm for an agency next week and I'll probably bid for a web project for a local airline next year. I'll just have to tell myself that the successful one just waited a little longer when others started to quit.

Here's the link to 5 Young Entrepreneurs to Watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment