Friday, July 16, 2010

5 Social Media Trends to Watch Right Now - from Mashable


Here's the top 5 social media trends to watch right now:

1. Location based social networks and platforms
2. Group buying
3. Mobile Ads
4. Mobile Payments
5. Having a social media policy

Items # 2 and 3 may not yet be relevant to consumers here in the Philippines but as for the others I think it's just a matter of time. I think location based platforms are just gathering critical mass before it is utilized for main stream marketing but there are a lot of potential projects for these and i think it's just making brand more aware of what can be done with such applications.

I currently have a platform for delivering mobile ads unobtrusively and I think it really just a matter of time that brand jump into it. I feel this is sooner rather than later. To me I think it's just a matter of having the first client to run a campaign. Hopefully, my company can close a deal soon and implement one of these campaigns.

The here and now is having a social media policy. In fact, I just developed guidelines for a clients Facebook page. Since this medium is quite new I tell them that we also have to be flexible and learn along the way. This also extends to the management of their web presence and how we need to connect both to make it work best for them.

Here's the complete article.

No comments:

Post a Comment