Thursday, July 15, 2010

Managing Your Personal Social Media Presence


I am still a relative newbie in this arena so I'll defer to get advice from major social media blogs such as Mashable.com and probably long time bloggers and internet personalities such as Janet Toral and Carlo Ople (for Filipinos). First I'll give a rundown of my internet persona:

Twitter - I am most active here especially if I'm bored and I have no one to speak with I Tweet away. This is more of a personal presence but I do post links to my blog here. So I guess, this crosses over.

Facebook - This is also a personal page with some professional mix since you can't really separate both. I also use this to manage some fan pages. If I need to manage more fan pages I'll probably create an administrator account to make it more professional. I did this for my client Ayala Malls when I was still with Rogue Digital.

Blogspot - I started this to practice my craft, so it was really just a personal blog. Somewhere along the way I decided to make it a blog about digital marketing. It also makes it easier for me to look at research and videos which I can show to potential clients.

Fousquare - Location based social network sites are gaining ground and I need to know how to use this effectively with my campaigns. This is why I signed-up. This is also linked to my Twitter.

These four are where I am most active. I am now registering on social bookmarking sites just to help with a site I am working on and I also need it for SEO purposes.

I still have Friendster and Multiply but I only maintain them because I am in the online industry. I would have deleted it a long time ago if I wasn't. Everybody is now on Facebook.

If you're looking at ways to manage your social network footprint here's "5 Ways to Clean Up Your Social Media Identity" from Mashable.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment