Saturday, June 19, 2010

Oh My God What Happened

I was in a meeting the other day and I touched briefly on viral marketing. People think when it's viral marketing it's a viral video but it doesn't have to be a video it can actually be an article or any content compelling enough that people will latch on to it and automatically spread it.

One concrete example I gave is www.ohmygodwhathappened.com written by digital marketing people. I saw this link being spread on Twitter so I immediately clicked on it. I suggest you go to that link and check it out.

Coincidentally I came across another viral campaign that didn't make use of a video that same day. It's a campaign to support the sports line of a clothing brand Uniqlo. Here's the link www.uniqlo.com/sportweet/us/. The two examples shown used Twitter as a platform but Facebook is as good or maybe a better platform for viral ideas such as these.

No comments:

Post a Comment