Sunday, June 27, 2010

A talk from TED.com - Measuring what makes life worthwhile

I am at the beginning of a new journey of starting my own business. I've been wanting to start something on my own ever since realizing I will never be happy with how other people run things. I always feel so smart that I think I can do better (this is not necessarily true though). This was actually something that was forced upon me and I realize that I will probably never start my own if I was never forced in this situation. The security knowing where you paycheck will come from is just hard to let go.

When I had to accept that I had to do things own my own I sent an SMS message to myself to help me remember a few guidelines or a certain philosophy I should follow when I start my business - Work should be fun, work with people you like - a happy environment creates better results.

It's just a simple realization that work is just a means to an end and being happy should be the ultimate goal.  The old cliche goes find work that you love and you will never have to work a single day of our life. Well, this is my goal now and this should be my guiding creed. It is quite serendipitous that I ran across this talk on one of my favorite websites TED.com

I was part of a start-up company a few years back and I saw the importance of having a vision and developing a corporate identity this is touched briefly on the video I will be posting. Even as a person you have to at least know who you are to move forward and find your happiness.

Enjoy the talk and know what you really want to value in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment