Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Web Browsers



I work for an online company but I am not techy at all. But in the past month I've tried the new web browsers namely Google Chrome and Opera. Prior to checking them out I was using Firefox. I used Firefox simply because friends told me that it was good. At that time browsers were all the same to me.

Apparently it's not. Some browsers are better than others I was told.

I liked Firefox a lot because of all the plug-ins. For my work in the online industry these really helped because I could impress client with the SEO stuff at the bottom of the page. Page rank, Alexa rank...all those techy terms I use to impress client. The problem I had with Firfox was that their latest version would always crash on me. So I shifted to Chrome.

Google's Chrome seemed fast and easy to use. I downloaded it on my office laptop and I was happy. I tried downloading it on my Macbook at home....and it didn't have a version for Mac. This gave Opera an opening.

Right now I normally use Opera. Unfortunately not all websites are compatible with this browser (an I guess Chrome too). It's usability and performance is very similar to Chrome and their turbo feature helped a lot when I had slow internet connection. Opera has crashed on me several time already but I still use it.

So what do I think is the best? Right now I use Opera for Facebook and Twitter. Firefox for this blog bacause it doesn't show up properly on Opera.

Safari? - when I use my Ipod Touch (default browser)

Explorer? - I have a bad experience with this brand so why whould I use it! Long story...

No comments:

Post a Comment