Saturday, August 21, 2010

Facebook Makes It's Pitch for Places



I don't know if we realize it now but social media is changing our lives. After reading the tweets from the recently concluded Internet Marketing and Mobile Association of the Philippines (IMMAP) Summit the change of topics from 2009 to this year was totally different. If I remember correctly social media was just a mention then but now it seemed to be the single biggest topic. Being part of the changing dynamic I don't think we are conscious of how we have embraced it and how it has drastically changed our lives and lifestyles.

From how we use our mobile phones to how we access the internet - these have changed in a few short months. And, they still push this medium further. With the success of location based social networks such as FourSquare, Facebook is still pushing to change the way we live in this new and connected world.

With their huge advantage of 500Million users they push possibilities. And, they have the luxury of having other companies launch business models which they can easily adapt on the Facebook platform. This location based service may impact on FourSquare and other location based social networks.

When TV used to be my primary source of information and entertainment it is now the internet. 90% of my time now I think I spent on the net and I just became aware of this now. When the question was how will it look 5 years from now...it's how will it look 2 months from now. Change is happening much faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment