Thursday, March 4, 2021

Google Doodles - Helping the Local Culture

I can't say that I often click on those Google Doodles when I see one. But every time I click on it I appreciate whatever trivia or information I get from it. Today March 4, 2021 I clicked on it and it was about Rosa Silva de Alvero. I absolutely don't know who she was but thanks to Google now I know she essentially fought for women's rights - click here to know more.

Thanks to Google I somehow get to learn more about Philippine history through their Doodles. I know this was one of the topics I wanted to post about so now it's finally posted. Loving our history and culture was the influence of my client Geronimo B. de los Reyes, Jr., GBR as he is called in the office. He is the great grandson of Crisanto Reyes who supported the Cavite Mutiny of 1872 which culminated in the execution of 3 priests Father Gomez, Burgos and Zamora. GBR's love of history was probably influence by his great grandfathers in it and maybe the reason why he built the GBR Museum where he curated old photos which documented how life in the Philippines was during colonial time and up to the most recent historical events.

Below are some photos from the GBR Museum.




I hope that the museum continues its operation once the pandemic is done. It's really a good window to see how Filipinos lived during the colonial times and up to the 80s. 

1 comment:

  1. I clicked that doodle too and got a kick from finding out who the street between McDonald’s & Shakey’s was named after!

    ReplyDelete