Saturday, September 25, 2010

Richard Branson: Five Secrets to Success

Here's a great article Richard Branson made on his 5 Secrets to Success. My Favorite is number 5 which I will copy below:

A good leader does not get stuck behind a desk. I’ve never worked in an office – I’ve always worked from home – but I get out and about, meeting people. It seems I am traveling all the time but I always have a notebook in my back pocket to jot down questions, concerns or good ideas.

I quoted this because I do work from home and I'll take this as a positive sign. And, yes, I do try to get and and about and this has worked somewhat but you really do need the numbers if you are not Richard Branson - meaning for every 100 people you meet 5 will hear you out and only 1 may move forward. I kid you not it is difficult as I am going through the process as I speak. I blog about it so one day I can look back and say "It was difficult but I did it". Yup, I do believe that I will make it.

Just to continue a quote from the article:


When you’re building a business from scratch, the key word for many years is “survival.” It’s tough to survive. In the beginning you haven’t got the time or energy to worry about saving the world. You’ve just got to fight to make sure you can look after your bank manager and be able to pay the bills. Literally, your full concentration has to be on surviving.
Obviously, if you don’t survive, just remember that most businesses fail and the best lessons are usually learned from failure. You must not get too dispirited. Just get back up and try again.


I must persevere I guess, and I will...I must!


No comments:

Post a Comment