Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy Cutlure Leads to Profits

I've always hypothesized that happy employees would be a conduit for a profitable company. Now, I've found a good case study for that and this is Zappos. Based on an article from Yahoo their CEOs guiding principle is happiness "When you enjoy what you do and where you work, great thing will happen." This quote comes for Tony Hsieh thier 36 year old CEO. I think this is a wonderful principle since I've been part of the rat race and that's not exactly a happy place to be at. Very few people are happy and passionate about their work. I also believe that a few of the people who say this are even lying to themselves.

I find it sad that people who have the resources and ability to create businesses don't follow this principle. I know and have met a lot of entrepreneurs here in the Philippines and it seems that profit is the priority. Pay low wages earn more for the company. But time and again I have seen case studies where your focus is the customer and employee, the profits will automatically come. The two companies which come to mind is Amazon and now Zappos.

Here's the article from Yahoo.  .

No comments:

Post a Comment