Thursday, May 14, 2009

Living it out on the web....

I recently moved from Philam in QC to the heart of Makati. This is the first time I technically changed address since I was born - technically since I lived in in 5 different houses there since the late 90s so Philam was the only place I've lived in since I was born.

It's now my 2nd week here in Makati and I don't think I am quite adjusted to the life here yet. I have no cable TV yet...thus I live out in the net. I have wifi so I'm connected almost 24/7 - the first and the last thing I do is look in the internet. I surf at the usual suspects: FB which I'm kinda getting bored with, Twitter which is getting more interesting as I follow it, and the sports and news updates from yahoo, philstar and other news sites.

What I really appreciate though is not having to go through the daily grind of edsa. I used to wake up around 5:30 - 6am to leave QC before 7 just to avoid the worst of the morning traffic. In the afternoon, if I don't get to leave before 6 in the office I'd have to prepare myself to the nightmare of edsa traffic going back to QC. Here I wake up at 7am....take my sweet time and arrive at the office fresh at around 8 - 8:30. I don't feel the pressure to rush home since it's just a 10 - 15 minute walk back home.

It's just a little loney though that I have a lot of extra time and I don't have enough stuff to do...and I don't want to spend the extra time working. That would just suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment