Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Interesting Trivia About Toyota

I drive a 2003 Toyota Corolla Altis. It's 17 years old but it is as reliable as it is reputed to be. I got the car 2nd hand and aside from the major airconditioner which cost about 1/3 of the value of the car to fix, the car just goes. Compared to newer cars age has made the car a bit noisier with some clunks here and there but nothing that would be of a big issue in terms of the reliability and drive-ability of the car. Toyota might not be the coolest brand in the world even of it's one of the top 10 biggest. But they are considered the king in terms of reliability. Some people are afraid to buy 2nd hand cars but our family mostly buys 2nd hand. It may be a gamble to some to buy 2nd hand but if you know what you are doing you can get great value from the 2nd hand market. It does seem that older cars are more reliable than the newer ones which are packed with technology but time will tell if my perception on this will hold true. I believe that most cars built in the 90s onwards are really built to last. With a lot of TLC you can make these cars last a lifetime even as a daily driver.


Because I drive a Toyota. I'd like to reinforce my belief in their reliability by reading or watching content about how bullet proof they are. Scotty Kilmer is a Toyota believer and I've probably watched several of his videos on how reliable Toyota cars are. I was pleasantly surprised with this video which is not exactly about cars but about the brand Toyota. I found a lot of interesting bits of knowledge about the brand and the history of the company which is why I felt the need to share it. It's a bit long but I found it fascinating.


No comments:

Post a Comment