Monday, May 28, 2012

The Entrepreneur Rollercoaster



I feel my entrepreneurial journey is quite unique. I've essentially been going at it alone for the past 2 years. Yes, 2 years I've survived not getting a salary from a company but scrimping on small projects to get me through. Saying I'm alone is not an exaggeration. With the first company I set up I was able to invite people to join and some people even wanted to join but with less than 50% commitment (I'm being generous here may 30% for some 0 for others) to make it work nothing has come out of it YET. I place yet, just because we may never know, maybe this year...

In any case, I was also able to start another company where the guys are more committed. The thing is though it's all on sweat equity with two of the guys employed and the other though fully committed has another company to look after as well. Not that I'm not guilty though, I need to get some money which takes some out of it and working alone has it flaws. Sometimes you do get distracted (get tired or lazy maybe both).

This roller coaster ride described is the pits. It's your mind that plays tricks on you. You can be very optimistic at times and hopeless, helpless most of the time. I think the thing here is simply DON'T QUIT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment