Wednesday, February 2, 2011

To succeed, take some time off

I came across this article from Richard Branson (who is quickly becoming my favorite entrepreneur) and it's very appropriate since I am technically taking some time off from my start-up to do some Filipino Martial Arts training and attend a wedding here in Bacolod (I'm staying here for a week). I actually planned this late last year not expecting my first month of 2011 to be busy. Luckily though the first 3 weeks of the year was quite hectic with it slowing down a bit on the last week of January, just in time for this trip.

This was a great dilemma since I felt I would lose the momentum if I pushed through with this but I really wanted to get that training and I timed it with the wedding to save me the trip. I also really like going here because the pace is really slow and relaxing.

Fortunately for me, it seems that things are still moving and I may have new contracts when I get back. But I actually didn't leave all the work behind since I'm still connected and answering calls and email but it is more time away from work.

So take it from Sir Richard Branson, read this from LiveMint.com - To succeed, take time off

No comments:

Post a Comment